Saturday, March 6, 2010

Love hurts.

Just like any love story of any movie or novel, everything begun well. I thought that he was the one, but it seems like I wasn’t Snow White or Cinderella. I didn’t have the chance to live a happy ending. He was like a lesson from God. Although I didn’t have the chance to live a happy life, I was able to learn a lesson through the hard way and that I hope I will not repeat this foolish mistake again.It was like a story that begins with ‘once upon a time’ with a beautiful beginning. It was a beautiful summer’s day with a slight cold breeze in the air and the scent of fresh grass within the air, I was in a park when I saw him. He has the warmest smile which gave me the feeling as if I had known him my entire life. His sparking eyes dazzle my heart even it was just a short glance. He was well dressed and looked charming in his attire. He is tall and has a beautiful tanned skin. I never imagined that I would have met someone like him in my life. It was as if he was my ‘Prince Charming’. It could be fate that put us in our place in the park filled with the lovely atmosphere. He walked up to me and introduced himself the moment he saw me starting at him. He was polite and acted like a gentlemen.

On the very day, we had a long conversation and eventually we exchanged our numbers and became friends. Throughout the whole week, we often talked on the phone for hours but never really discussed about anything. It was like there was some sort of chemistry between us. A relationship soon begins to develop between us. After a week or two, we begin dating and seeing each other and eventually he became my boyfriend. Every moment spent with him is like living in paradise. He knows how to cheer me up when I felt down and make my day worth living for. I always feel happy when I am with him. Besides that, I always feel safe when I am around him. His broad shoulder and firm muscle made me feel protected every single moment with him. I always enjoy the time we spent together, we have all kind of activities together. We went for movie together, studied together and had romantic nights together. It was like we were inseparable. We often go to each others’ house to spend time together too. My parents met him and think that he is a person worthy to be trusted and that they liked him very much. Due to the fact that he is a transfer student from Australia, he is living along here. Therefore, I have never met his parents even though I spend much time in his place. Even so, I like being at his place. The warmth that his place emits is incomparable.

On one special night, something happen. That night was our anniversary that we had met for 6 months and have been dating each other for 4 perfect months. He invited me to his house that night to have dinner. I was amazed and touch when I entered his house that night. The atmosphere was very romantic, I went into the dining hall and saw a romantic view. The lights in the dining hall were off. The room was only brighten by the dim light from the candles on the candle stand placed on the well set table with shinny silverware , folder napkins and bouquet of flowers. We had dinner together eating the steak he prepared. Knowing he is a terrible cook, I was amazed that the steaks he prepared as if it was made by some professional chef. Seemed like he took cooking class for that very night. I was very touched by his action and felt as though I was in cloud nine. It was like he would cross the skies for me.

That very night, he had a special request. The request was to have sex with him. Without considering, I agreed with him. This is because I was physically and mentally ready to give him a commitment. I believed him in every way. Thus, I lost my virginity to him that very night. After that incident our relationship became better. Our bond became stronger. When everything looks like a perfect story, an incident occurs. A few weeks after that night, I found out he was cheating on me. One day I planned to give him a surprise visit, when I was opposite his house, I saw him flirting with another girl, he was cuddling and kissing the girl in his balcony. I felt heartbroken at that moment and it felt like there were a thousand knives stabbed in my heart. I went into his house and saw the girl. It was my best friend. We eventually we argued over who’s right and who’s wrong. And I found out that all the while he treated me nice was only to have sex with me. While feeling stabbed by a thousand knifes, I slapped him and made my decision to break up with him. I ran out of his house with all my might while holding back my tears.

As I ran and ran, I end up in the same park I first met him. I burst into tears once I realise I was in the very park I met him. To think that two of my most trusted companion betrayed me made me falling into my knees and crying even more. To avoid more embarrassment, I cuddle myself under a tree and continued crying silently. Moments passed and hours fade, I looked up to the sky knowing and realising that everything had changed. The sky isn’t as clear as the day I met him. It was as if the sky knew my mood and changed. Then, I had deep thoughts, wondering what would happen if I had not met him that day. I looked up at the sky again with despair, suddenly there was shine in the sky. It was like a message sent to me by God telling me: “There are shine even in the darkest days.”I made up my mind and said to myself that I must be strong. I will think as this as a lesson. Although I made up to take this as lesson, I will still need time to heal the wound. And whenever I look at this scar, it will remind me to not repeat this very foolish mistake and to trust anyone easily again.

No comments:

Post a Comment